Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How to Install Dynamics AX 2009 on Windows 7

Recently, when I upgraded my laptop to Windows 7, I decided to install Dynamics AX 2009 on it. Since my computer is not a domain computer so I was unable to even initiate the installer. The reason behind this blockage is that when it compares the name of computer with the local computer it found the same and installation stops.
I made following changes to the registry and then I was able to initiate Installer.

Open registry and go to the path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | System | Current control set | Computer Name | Active computer Name and change the computer name to some other name.

I modified my Active computer name to some other name and then run the installer. This time it couldn't match the computer active name. However, it gave me warning that the version you are going to use is not compatible and you should install some windows server *.I just ignored the errors. This is not enough. you may have to make some more changes and manual installation of server on your machine. Though it is a bit complicated process for windows 7. However, it is possible!!.

When I was having errors on AOS installation, I followed the guidelines as per this video, it helped me alot
http://www.trainer-it.ru/video/video-ms-ax/video

Though the environment is Russian. However, demonstration is in english. It will be very helpfull for you guys to see and made the changes as described in this video

Once the installation finished undo the registry changes that you've done before.

By this way, you can install Dynamics AX 2009 on windows 7.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Mr. Ali,

Since I could not find the video which you mentioned above, would you mind to give me a guide how to install ax 2009 on windows 7? I get a problem when installing AOS. The error is "FullText: System.Management.ManagementException: Not found ".
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

..."FullText: System.Management.ManagementException: Not found ".
Jennifer, you need to install Full Text search service on your SQL server.

Anonymous said...

it is due to .net framework use exact .net3.5(don't use 3.5 sp1) framework to avoid this exception

Anonymous said...

Genuinely when somеonе dοesn't be aware of after that its up to other people that they will help, so here it occurs.
Feel free to surf my webpage ... http://workathomeandmakemoney.org

Brahmi said...

I could not find the video which you have mentioned. Please guide me.
Inhave installed it. however I could not start the services. guide me what chages to be made on server.

Unknown said...

north face, true religion jeans, tn pas cher, oakley pas cher, michael kors, coach outlet, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, vanessa bruno, hollister, nike air max, true religion outlet, hermes, michael kors, coach purses, kate spade handbags, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike air max, nike blazer, true religion jeans, converse pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, hogan, ugg boots, coach outlet, air force, mulberry, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, burberry outlet online, new balance pas cher, ugg boots, north face, ray ban pas cher, hollister pas cher, burberry, michael kors outlet, nike roshe, ray ban uk, nike free run uk, sac guess, michael kors outlet, lacoste pas cher, vans pas cher, timberland, nike air max, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon

Unknown said...

ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, supra shoes, barbour, pandora charms, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose, canada goose outlet, lancel, louis vuitton, sac louis vuitton pas cher, moncler, pandora charms, swarovski crystal, wedding dresses, ugg boots uk, pandora jewelry, replica watches, moncler, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet, links of london, canada goose, canada goose outlet, doudoune canada goose, canada goose, barbour jackets, bottes ugg, swarovski, moncler outlet, marc jacobs, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, hollister, toms shoes, moncler, ugg pas cher, moncler, karen millen, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo